Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Crazy, Beautiful

Lance and I have now settled into our routine, which I must say has been soooo nice compared to the frantic pace we followed through the fall, up to the wedding, and then into the holidays.

It has been such a blessing to feel settled at "our" house (it's taken me months to stop saying "Lance's house") and really feel like our lives are falling into place.

Granted, with Lance's crazy work schedule right now, it's hard to say that we are truly comfortable. But we are making a conscious effort to scale back and work on spending more quality time together. Lance works til at least 8:00 every night during the week, and another 5 or 6 hours on Saturdays - which means that when we do see each other we try to make it more special.

I am very blessed to have such a wonderful, tight-knit group of friends who have made my life here in Memphis absolutely perfect. So I have plenty of people to keep me occupied during the week, so I don't notice as much that Lance isn't at home. I just wish Lance was around more... (am I whining yet? do I sound pathetic enough?) :)

Plus, we just got a new cat, Gracie! She's been my roommate when Lance is working, although it turns out we picked the Psycho Cat from the rescue shelter. Why didn't they put "won't go near humans, bites when unprovoked, yet craves human connection so badly she cries" in her file? I think we would've thought twice about bringing her home. But she really has been a great addition to our family, we've just got to work through a few things. I think she was abused in her past, so she's taking awhile to really open up to us. We're trying to be patient and let her take her time. We don't know if she's craving more cat company (she was in a shelter with over 100 cats for over a year) or whether she just needs more time to feel comfortable in her new environment. We're praying that she gets over this hump soon and doesn't feel like we're going to do anything but love her - and snuggle with her on the couch. But who doesn't love a good snuggle?!?

So, with that all said, Lance and I are doing very well. We have a lot to look forward to this year: my twin sis Erica is pregnant with her first child, so we will be doing a lot of traveling back and forth to Dallas to see her and Joe before Baby comes in June. I am helping host a baby shower for her in May, in Houston at Mom and Dad's house, so that will be a wonderful time for our family. We can't wait to welcome the first grandchild! Lance and I are sooo ready to spoil that kid rotten!

Anyway, I digress...

Last year was such a great year, filled with such wonderful highs - and we know that this year will be another blessed year for us. We are still in awe every day that God brought us together, and we feel truly humbled by His grace.

We look forward to living our crazy, beautiful lives together each and every day.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for further updates from the Willis Family!

-JessWillis

No comments: