My friend Ashley shared on her blog a list of "99 Things" that's been circling the 'net. Guess it's my turn to join the crowd! All the things I've done are in bold, along with a few details as needed.
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland. (Hopefully Disneyworld counts! I've been thrice!)
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped. (Hahahaha. Soooo not happenin'.)
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightening storm.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. (And it's surprisingly tiny.)
20. Slept on an overnight train. (On European backpacking trip with friends. Awful night's sleep, had stinky feet dangling in my face. And yes, this was back when I actually had a sense of smell.)
21. Had a pillow fight.
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon. (Hahahaha. Oh I'm sorry, I guess they don't know me that well.)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. See Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. (Forced into it as a "team-building exercise" once. Yeah, not cool for this heights-fearing chick.)
40. Seen Michelangelo's David.
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted. (Grandma commissioned an oil painting of myself and my twin sis when we were little. Presh.)
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. (I stood in the middle of the room and bawled like a baby. And I didn't care how many people stared; it was amazing.)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. (Swam with stingrays in the Bahamas. It was uber-scary and I'll never do it again.)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. (I freelance graphic design on the side, does that count?)
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. (After 9-11 I got uber-patriotic and waited four hours to donate blood, only to find out that I was rejected because I had recently gotten a tattoo. Bummer.)
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp. (Most humbling and moving trip of my life.)
67. Bounced a check. (Hello college life.)
68. Flown in a helicopter. (I won an Air Show art contest in middle school, and the prize was a helicopter ride above my hometown. It was sooooo cool.)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. (Don't ask.)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand-new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone's life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Gotten a tattoo.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
I've done 54... How about you?