Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Wonderful Year Ahead

Hello, 2010! We are thrilled beyond belief that the beginning of the new year is finally here. God has so many wonderful things planned for our family in 2010, and we are ready to meet them head-on :)

We had a very blessed Christmas here in Memphis with Lance's family. Lance, his parents, his brother and I all went to the Christmas Eve service at Bellevue together, then everyone came back to our house for dinner. I cooked an untraditional lasagna meal, which was nice considering all of the turkey and ham we would eat over the next week!

Lance and I drove down to his parents' house after they left, to stay the night. It is a tradition for us to be there on Christmas morning to do our family gift exchange before the day begins.

The extended family - aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, etc. - all came to his parents' house for Christmas lunch. It was nice to see a few out-of-town faces and to have (almost) the whole family together. I missed being with my family that day, but it helped to be surrounded by lots of other people who we love and love us :)

On Christmas evening, Lance and I finally headed home. His mom had sent us off with tons of yummy leftovers - but after a day of eating so much holiday food, that was the last thing we wanted to have for dinner. So we followed in the footsteps of my favorite Christmas movie - A Christmas Story - and had dinner at a Chinese restaurant. My very first time in a restaurant on Christmas. It was kind of fun!

New Year's Eve was a blast - Lance and I went to a party at our good friend Hang's house. We got to meet several of her friends, which was great. She made lots of yummy food, and we played Wii and laughed a lot. We didn't quite make it to midnight, but it was so much fun and I'm so glad we went. What a great way to ring in the new year!

Lance is back to working his long hours - til about 7:30 every weekday (except Fridays, woohoo!) and a full day on Saturdays. It's always a hard transition for us to make as a couple at the beginning of every year, but I'm trying to take advantage of some "me" time and also spend some quality time with my girlfriends.

We have a fun-filled weekend ahead - Mom, both sisters and two dear friends are coming to Memphis for a girls' trip! We have a few outings planned to see friends and Lance's family, and for them to join us for church on Sunday - then the rest of the weekend will be completely up to us! We can do as much or as little as we want. My sweetheart is graciously giving up his bed Saturday night so all of us girls can have a true Girls' Night In! Thanks, honey, for being so understanding.

I hope each of you had a very blessed Christmas and New Year - and that your 2010 will be a blessing to your families!

-JessWill :)

No comments: