Friday, January 05, 2007

Thank You

So I was thinking today of all of the people who make my life as wonderful as it is: family, friends, coworkers... And thought it would be a good time to say a few Thank Yous:

Thank you to my husband - for some reason, God has deemed me worthy of this man. He is literally the most patient, honest, thoughtful, doting, carefree, relaxed, and faithful soul I have ever met. I never thought that I would find my soulmate at this point in my life (I truly thought I'd be single for a few more years) - but Lance came into my life and I haven't looked back. I cannot imagine life without him, and I look forward to waking up next to him every day for the rest of my life. Thank you, Lance, for being you.

Thank you to my girlfriends - I am blessed with the absolute best and dearest friends I could ask for. They are my prayer partners, my shoulders to cry on, my EP-obsessed happy hour buddies, my "inside joke"-sters, my email pals and my make-me-forget-all-about-my-bad-day gals. I truly don't know what my life would be like without each and every one of them. I hope that they all know what a blessing they are to me, and that I consider them all my sisters. Thank you, friends, for being you.

Thank you to my parents - I feel blessed every day to have been raised by these two people. Every day in our house growing up was full of heartfelt laughter, passionate conversation, true interest in each other's lives, and a true sense of belonging and acceptance. I hope that someday I can pass on these qualities to my own children. I know that the close relationship that I have my parents is rare, and I fully realize what a blessing it is. They also provided me with the best gift possible: the example of a loving marriage. I am thrilled to not only be their daughter, but their friend. I can only hope that I have been as good of a daughter to them as they have been parents to me. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for being you.

Thank you to my sisters - oh, where do I even begin?? I'm getting a lump in my throat even thinking about these two women. I literally cannot think of a single day that one of my sisters has not lifted me up, encouraged me, laughed along with me, cried with me, or inspired me. Erica has truly been my soulmate since the day we were born. We learned each other's language before we could speak; we held each other's hands as we ventured into this big bad world together. I do not have one single childhood memory that does not involve her (when I tell childhood stories, I even say "we" instead of "I" because she was along side me every step of the way). She is interweaved into my life in a way that can never be undone. And Cynthia - she has blossomed into a confident, funny, outspoken, caring, nurturing, and loving young woman. Watching her grow up has been such a blessing; she has found her place in this world in a way that is inspiring. She makes me laugh every time we speak. She is the girl that I never was; the young woman that I always wanted to be. I hope she knows how special she is and what a mark she will leave on this world. Thank you, Erica and Cynthia, for being you.

Thank you to my coworkers - I spend more time with these people each day than anyone else, and I could not have picked a better group of people to spend my day with. From the laughter and the music-playing to the honest conversations and the encouragement, I appreciate each and every one of them. I have had so many heart-felt and enlightening talks with these people, and have learned so much about myself and about this world. This is the first time I have ever felt "at home" among my coworkers, and I thank God every day for the opportunity to come to work here with them. Thank you, Disciple Design, for being you.

Okay... well, I think that's a good place to end for today. Obviously there are many more people out there that I could write for hours about - but these are the people that make my world turn; the people who literally allow me to wake up every morning and smile.

Thank you, all, for being you.

-JessWill

No comments: