Thursday, September 21, 2006

Blessings

Yep, I'm a slacker.

Let me just skip that part and get on with my blog...

This has been the week from Hades!! I am relieved that today has been somewhat calm and relatively normal. I needed a break from all the madness!

I had a big project at work - knew I would have to work long and hard on Monday - and I couldn't figure out all day Sunday and Monday why I felt so sick. It's amazing what stress can do to your body! I just have to learn how to take deep breaths and close my eyes while I'm in the middle of the craziness. Tuesday and yesterday weren't any better - I even cried at work yesterday - so you can see why I'm thrilled to have relative calm today :)

But what this blog should really be about: my wonderful friends! Monday night was a regularly-scheduled Girls' Night Out. I was really debating whether I should go, since the day was so crazy - but I am so thankful that I did! My friends have a way of making me forget all about my problems and letting me focusing on the blessings in my life. I can laugh and cry and burn my fingers (long story) - and all else falls away. Amazing, huh??

Tuesday night was great too. Carrie had a Taste of Gourmet food party at her house. What's better than friends and food? My girl Shelley cracks me up! Plus, we got to eat some yummy treats that I would've never served at my own house :)

So bottom line - I have the best friends in the world! - I just need to slow down and realize the blessings in the middle of the chaos sometimes.

-JessWill

No comments: