Thursday, August 17, 2006

This World of Ours

Isn't the Age of Technology just wonderful??

I was just thinking about how many of my friends have websites/blogs. I love that at any moment I can catch up with what's going on in their lives (assuming, of course, they keep the sites updated). Hopefully they're better at posting than I am!

Do you even remember the days before the internet?

Before email?

Before webcams and chat rooms and Google?

I honestly don't know how I kept up with everybody so well before email came about. I guess I was a much better phone-talker then. I would so much rather send an email than pick up the phone and call somebody... Don't know why, I guess it's that "instant gratification" thing.

Plus, I can do it at work without everybody hearing my conversation :)

My new nephew has his own website (themaesefamily.babywindow.com) - and I've so enjoyed checking every day for new pics and a new journal entry from Erica.

When Lance and I planned our wedding, we absolutely loved having our own wedding website (which is active til October, by the way - whooda thunk??). It was a wonderful way for people - in town or out of town - to keep updated with our plans. I loved that so many people left us guestbook entries - it made us feel connected to people while we were in the middle of wedding planning chaos.

Anyway, that was my Random Thought for the day...

Thanks to those of you who made it to the end of my rambling blog. You deserve a cookie - and I'm not even talking about a fat-free low-carb cookie - a gooey, chocolatey, sugary treat. That's how awesome you are :)

Til next time...

-JessWill :)

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Hee Hee! I always check your site... even when you're not regular about updating... just to see how you're doing. :)

Love ya girl!