Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Andrew!

One year ago today, I became a Mom.

Our first family portrait

One year ago today, I learned what unconditional love truly was.

Holding Andrew for the first time

One year ago today, my heart became complete.

I have many wonderful memories of Andrew's first year. So many milestones -- from his first smile and his first tooth and his first steps, to watching him grow and change from a baby to a "big boy" right before our eyes. He's now walking and talking (although we haven't figured out how to translate the vast majority of what he says!). He loves Lance and me like we've never been loved before.

This past year was the best year of my life. It was also the hardest year of my life, losing my precious Daddy to cancer -- but I can truly say that my son is what got me through those rough months. Without him to cuddle with when I was literally doubled-over with grief, I do not know how I would've made it through. His arrival was perfectly-timed and a God-send in every possible way.

Andrew William, you are the joy of my life. It is an honor and a privilege to be your Momma. Your Daddy and I love you more than we can ever hope to express to you. Thank you for being such a sweet spirit, and for bringing heartfelt laughter and delight into our home. You are such a blessing to us!

To my loyal readers: please enjoy a sampling of my favorite shots from Andrew's recent one-year photo session!

His smile melts my heart!

This captures his sweet personality so perfectly!

Love that grin! He's one happy cake-eatin' boy!

Andrew, you are so very loved!

Kisses, my sweet sweet boy!

No comments: