Wednesday, June 01, 2011

10 Months Old

Yes, that's right -- I have a 10 month-old! Wow, where does the time go?!

Riding on his first rocking horse (pants-less!) on his 10-month birthday!

Here's an update on what's going on in Andrew's world these days:

Mornings: You are still such a happy boy in the mornings! We have some Momma/son alone time while Daddy gets ready for work and before it's time for me to leave, which is becoming one of my favorite times of day with you. After your morning bottle, we play on the floor and have some tickle-time. Your belly laughs are absolutely the best way to start the day!

Bedtime: Now that you're pulling up, you're having a hard time putting yourself to sleep. Everyone that I've asked says it's just a phase. We're hoping you'll go back to your easy-to-sleep ways very soon!

Naps: You're not a consistent napper, but on those days you really need one -- you always get a couple of good ones in :) Granny says you're sleeping well for her in the mornings. It's the afternoon nap that is a little troublesome for you.

Food: You are still such a great eater! Some of your new faves: corn, watermelon, Cheerios, vienna sausages and peas. You have a wonderful appetite and love to eat -- just like your Momma :)

Developmental Milestones & Firsts: You've had a very big couple of weeks! You are now crawling, pulling up and standing on your own! It seems like in the past two weeks you have grown leaps and bounds. You love to stand at your activity table and walk around it to play with every possible button. You have crawled halfway across our house to come find me when I went "missing" -- you love being in the same room as Momma and Daddy. A friend told me last night that you're starting to look less like a baby, and more like a little boy -- which is exciting and soooo sad all at once. Where did my baby boy go??

Favorite Toys: You still love books; now you love to pull them off of the shelves and go through the pages yourself. You're absolutely loving your activity table. Two new toys that you're starting to spend a lot of time with: a rocking horse (thanks cousin Quentin!) and a push toy that you're practicing walking with. But of course, the classics -- balls and trucks -- still rule.

Sizes: You are growing like a weed! You're wearing almost exclusively 18-month clothes now. Your 12-month wardrobe will soon be relegated to the tubs of clothes with your newborn stuff. That makes this Momma very sad.

Momma's Final Thoughts: You are the happiest, most joyful, most exuberant little boy I have ever been around! I am thrilled every day that I get to be your Momma. You make me laugh when I've had a tough day. I can't help but be overjoyed every second I'm around you. You make me want to be a better person, and I pray every single day that I will be the best Momma you could possibly deserve.

Kisses, my sweet sweet boy!

No comments: