Thursday, May 05, 2011

Favorite Things

Inspired by another blog, here are some "favorite things" I've loved recently:
We recently threw a party at our home in honor of Andrew's dedication on Easter Sunday. I had so much fun making the food and decorations. These two were a hit with all of the guests, and were super easy to make. They will definitely be on my list to make again when the occasion calls for it!

We've been trying to eat healthier at our house. This yummy site is my new favorite place to find meal inspirations for our busy, time-strapped family! As a matter of fact, I just printed out several recipes so I can add those ingredients to tonight's grocery shopping list.

During our family getaway to St. Louis this past weekend (pics to come soon!) we visited one of their many children's museums, The Magic House. They have a special area just for babies under 24 months old. Andrew had such a wonderful time playing in the bouncy balls, watching himself in the mirror, and "singing" along with the songs that played in each room.

I love love LOVE this necklace I discovered on etsy.com. This may or may not be making an appearance in someone's Mother's mailbox very shortly :)

I stumbled across this fabulous blog last week. Who doesn't love to cyber-stalk someone you've never met? :) I've loved reading the honest, sometimes laugh-out-loud posts. It's wonderful when someone shares their great and not-so-great parenting moments for other Mommas. Plus she's an uber-decorator which appeals to the decorator-wannabe in me. She's also the one who inspired this "favorite things" blog and I may or may not have borrowed the categories for my previous update on Andrew from her too. Thanks Katie!

That's all, folks! I hope that since I'm back on the blogging bandwagon, I'll keep this up. It's fun to think about the things I've loved and been inspired by recently.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I just saw your comment on my blog and found the link to yours. I love it! Definitely going to check out the recipe site you posted. I am always on the lookout for new ideas!