Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Too Early?

Is it too early to start planning Andrew's first birthday party? :)

By the way, this is where I admit I've already been mentally planning this day for at least two months...

I love planning parties. Birthdays, baby/wedding showers, any excuse to put together a menu, make fun foods, get a group of people together that I love -- that's totally me. Add to that the fact that my first child is having his first birthday -- that's a combination made in heaven.

First step: theme. You can't throw the perfect kid's birthday party without a theme. I can't remember the last time I had a themed party... unless you count my 30th and I guess you could say those themes were "limo", "wine" and "pink" -- but that's for another post, ahem... :)

I started with the idea of doing a monkey theme. We call Andrew our little monkey, a lot of his clothes have monkeys on them, and to be honest, I think it's just cute. I found lots of fun things online that I thought would work great. I even designed the invite, and laid in wait until it was time to actually do something about it.

But then I was blog-browsing one day, and I found more inspiration online -- ladies and gentlemen, we have the perfect theme for Andrew's first birthday party:

Dr. Seuss
(applause! applause!)

The designer in me fell in love with the fun colors -- bright red and aqua, with a splash of yellow -- and I am a teacher's daughter, after all, so I love any kid's party theme that revolves around books and learning.

Let me tell you how stinkin' excited I am about this party! I wanted to share some things I've come across online that I'm admittedly "borrowing" from for Andrew's shindig. I'm planning to do most everything by hand -- invites, decorations, food, drinks, party favors, thank-you notes -- with the exception of Andrew's outfit (I can't sew, boo! But I'm sure you'll be glad once you see what I've chosen for him to wear!).

So enjoy this "sneak peek" of what's to come in a very short three months' time! (click each description to find it online)


decorations

table centerpieces

food table

straws

Andrew's outfit (sooo cute, right?)

Yes, I know I'm crazy. But my baby boy only turns one once, so I've gotta make it perfect!

Can't wait til your big day, Andrew! Kisses, my sweet sweet boy!

No comments: