Monday, March 24, 2008

What's Up

Just thought I'd fill you in on what's been happening in our lives the last few months...

At the end of February, I threw Lance and his twin brother, Reed, a surprise 30th birthday party. Our closest friends and our families were able to join in on the surprise - and as you can see, both Lance and Reed really didn't have a clue!

The big reveal!


We had a great time and enjoyed having all of our favorite people together too. As you can see, Caroline (our friends Amy and Steve's daughter) and our nephew Quentin really hit it off!

You're FUN!!!!


Lance is still in awe that so many people would come together to celebrate just for HIM (and it's this humbleness that's one of the things that I love the most about him!). We are so thankful that so many people could make it for a wonderful evening.

Lance and me with our awesome families :
Martha, Lance, me, Bill, Reed, Erica, Quentin, Joe and Dad (Mom was sick and couldn't make the trip from Texas)


Lance and me with our amazing friends :
Reed, Billy, Carrie, me, Addison, Nate, Lance, Helen, Steve, Caroline, Hang and Amy


We recently had a fun night out with our good friends Carrie, Billy and Hang. Carrie and Billy are thisclose to bringing their daughter, Mary Sofia, home from Guatemala - and we enjoyed a night out in celebration of this life-changing event! After a yummy dinner, we played a game of Trivial Pursuit. And of course, the girls won - would you expect anything less? :)

Hang, me and Carrie post-victory!


We also went to the wedding of our friends Catherine and Brandon. It was great to be a part of their special day, and to enjoy a night with some of our favorite people!

The happy couple

Lance and me

All the girls (almost!) :
Me, Amy, Lashlee, Shelley, Hang, Molly and Stephanie

Billy and Carrie

Carrie and me

Hang and me


This month has also been full of other great things: the Return of Breakfast Club at Hang's house! She got the ball rolling again on this yummy tradition, and hosted the group at her house for a Cereal Buffet last weekend. She is such a wonderful hostess, and we had a great time.

I helped host baby showers for two good friends, Jen and Christy. Christy is an old friend from church, and Jen is one of her old coworkers who I was blessed to become friends with myself. They are both having boys, and really loved being pregnant at the same time. Jen and her husband, Corey, welcomed little Jacob last week - and we are all counting down until Christy and Jeremy welcome their son, Wesley!

And the latest news.... Lance and I got back yesterday from three days in Little Rock. We were there for the 1st and 2nd rounds of play in the NCAA Basketball Tournament! Go Tigers!! Four games on Friday, and two games yesterday - I'm pooped! - but we really had a great time. And because this is the middle of Lance's busy season at work, he had to work all day on Saturday from our hotel room while I did some shopping :) He and I really enjoyed these days together, since it is a rarity this time of year for us. We had some really yummy meals, went to a local comedy club, and mostly just enjoyed some "us" time. And of course it helps that the Tigers made it to the Sweet Sixteen! yay!!

So that's all from here... I hope each of you are doing well and that God is continuing to bless each of you as He has us.

Will have more to share soon.

-JessWill

No comments: