Monday, January 27, 2014

Things You Should Know About Me if We're Gonna be BFFs

Inspired by one of my favorite mommy bloggers (her post is old but she just re-linked to it and it inspired me!: http://www.littlemissmomma.com/2013/02/things-you-should-know-about-me-if-were-gonna-be-bff.html), I thought it would be fun to list some random love-me-as-I-am items that I you may or may not know about me.

I cannot live without Cherry Chapstick. It's an obsession.

I hate leftovers.

My least favorite chore is putting away clean clothes. One of my 2014 goals is to get a better system in place so we can finally get rid of the {can't believe I'm sharing this shameful secret with the world} waist-high piles of clean clothes on our guest room bed.

When Andrew was a newborn, I made up a lullaby for him one night, spur-of-the-moment, when he couldn't be rocked to sleep. It instantly worked wonders. I still sing it to him if he is having trouble sleeping, he immediately calms down.

I am extremely bad at geography. My Dad, who was a geography buff, was visibly mortified by my high school admission that I could not remember which ocean was which on a world map. That confession actually helped me memorize Pacific vs. Atlantic (left to right, they read P. A. = pa = Dad).

I would rather text a friend all day long than actually pick up the phone and call someone. This mostly comes from a self-conscious fear that I won't be able to find the right words to say or will get tongue-tied. {For some reason this doesn't apply to my Mom or sisters, who I speak to almost daily.}

I haven't ironed an item of clothing in almost 8 years.

I used to be very addicted to Dr. Peppers -- I drank 4 to 5 a day -- but quit cold turkey in college. I don't drink sodas at all now {with the rare exception of a Sprite when I crave something sweet}.

I work very hard to prioritize friendships, old and new. I get that from my Mom, who has maintained and cultivated friendships her entire life.

I have never broken a bone.

I can't wait to be a mother-in-law someday.

I consider myself extremely socially awkward. I hate mingling or going to events where I don't know many people, because I am terrible at small talk.

I love to sing. I am constantly singing in my car, in the shower, etc. I was in choir as a child and humbly consider myself to be a pretty darn good singer. But because of my {major major major} stage fright, I am terrified to join my church choir which, obviously, requires standing in front of the congregation every week. Maybe someday.

I love that my circle of family and friends includes those from extremely different walks of life; from very liberal to uber conservative and everything in between. I believe we learn the most from people who are most unlike ourselves.

I desperately hope to one day have a daughter, whether through birth or adoption.

My dream job is to have an Etsy shop where I can sell my prints and card/invite designs. I worked so hard on Andrew's room makeover, and have had lots of requests to recreate those designs for other people. I also looooove designing our family Christmas cards every year, and think those could be successful too. Who knows what God has in store for my future!

What about you, internet friends? What things should I know about YOU? Any surprises for you among the things I shared?

No comments: